Residential Spray Foam Insulation in Manassas & Northern VA
|Can you guess which house has to spray foam? |
Don't let your money go out your roof!
Protect Your Home with Spray Foam Insulation Services
If you’re having trouble regulating your home’s temperature, it is probably not properly insulated. Spray foam is an excellent option that insulates and air seals your home at the same time. This combination creates a barrier that keeps the inside of your home comfortable while keeping unconditioned air, moisture, and pests outside. Lower your energy bills and know that you are choosing an environmentally friendly option with spray foam insulation.
At Southland Insulators, our expert spray foam
insulation contractors install spray foam insulation as well as providing several
residential home insulation services throughout Northern Virginia. We can
insulate your home, attic, basement, crawl space, or garage with spray foam,
cellulose, or fiberglass. Enjoy the comfort of keeping your home cool in the
summer and warm in the winter.
How Spray Foam Insulation Works
Our experienced insulation contractor team at Southland Insulators is skilled at spray foam insulation installation. As it is sprayed onto walls and into cavities, the polyurethane spray foam insulation expands to up to 100 times its original size to fill the space and prevent air leakage. This makes it ideal for getting into the hardest-to-reach corners, and a great choice for home insulation including attic insulation, and basement insulation.
Open Cell Spray Foam
When it dries, open cell spray foam will retain open bubble cells. It has a lower R-value than closed-cell spray foam insulation and does not provide a food source for mold.Closed Cell Spray Foam
As with open-cell spray foam insulation, closed-cell spray foam provides both insulation and air sealing. However, in contrast with open-cell spray foam, closed-cell spray foam is solid. The cells of the bubbles remain closed, making it rigid enough to provide structural reinforcement for walls. This allows closed cell spray foam to be used in exterior applications as well as interior ones. Like open-cell spray foam insulation, it is not a food source for mold and offers a higher R-value than its counterpart.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
In addition to this energy-efficient insulation’s ability to insulate and seal air leaks at the same time, spray foam insulation has a host of other benefits for home insulation. The benefits include:
· Easy installation. The spraying application allows the insulation to access tight spaces and fill them more completely than is possible with fiberglass batts.
· Reduced mold potential. Spray foam insulation isn’t a food source for mold, so it’s perfect for basement insulation where you might be worried about dampness and mold growth.
· Savings on your energy bill. Spray foam is extremely energy-efficient insulation, filling air leaks in your home and insulating it from the elements. That energy saved turns into money saved on your energy bills.
· Strengthened walls. Using closed-cell spray foam insulation helps strengthen buildings due to their rigidity, helping your home or business hold up in storms.
· Sealing against moisture and pests. Spray foam insulation seals all the tiny gaps where air, moisture, and pests can get in.
· Noise dampening. Open-cell spray foam can keep your home quieter, helping to reduce noise transfer from neighbors and other rooms.
Why Homeowners Choose Southland Insulators
As the premier residential insulation company in Manassas, Southland Insulators offers top quality spray foam insulation services. Our licensed and knowledgeable team has decades of experience insulating residential properties of all types. You can rely on us to complete the job correctly. For more information about our spray foam insulation services or to receive a free estimate, Contact us today at (703) 368-1965 for a consultation!